These projects offer a sampling of key private investments creating new jobs throughout the state
Collectively, these projects offer a resounding testimony to the state’s attractive business climate, and confirms Michigan’s strategic location to major auto manufacturers/suppliers, proximity to Canadian market along with the growing strength of the state’s agri-business and entrepreneurial businesses.
A sampling of recent impact projects includes:
- Ferrous CAL Co. (newly formed affiliate of Ferragon Corp.) is a leading provider of toll processing services for hot-rolled and cold-rolled steel. Company established new facility on an underutilized, largely vacant property in Gibraltar in southern metro Detroit. (June 2015)
- ZF North America’s expansion of its Michigan tech center in Northville Township. The global leader in top-tier transmissions underscores need to locate close to skilled-trades workforce. (June 2015)
- Sakthi Automotive Group USA Inc., a division of the Sakthi Group, is one of the fastest-growing businesses in South India. Company is major supplier to automotive OEMs of steering knuckles, control arms, brake drums. New facility is in Detroit. (April 2015)
- DENSO Manufacturing Michigan Inc., a manufacturer of auto air condition and engine cooling systems, expanded its manufacturing operations in Battle Creek. (March 2015)
- Detroit Diesel Corp, a member of Daimler Trucks NAmerica, is a leading manufacturer of heavy duty diesel engines for commercial truck market. Expansions and renovations of $208 million in new facility in Redford Township. (March 2015)
- Forest River Manufacturing, headquartered in Indiana, is a world leader in the recreational vehicle industry. The company is launching new products and will construct three facilities in White Pigeon in southwestern Michigan. (January 2015)
- Alcoa Power and Propulsion provides coating services to aerospace and power generation industry. The company will expand operations in Whitehall. (December 2014)
- Brose New Boston Inc., part of the Brose Group, is a leading manufacturer of electric motors and mechatronic systems for vehicle doors, lift gates and seats. The company plans to expand three facilities in Huron Township, Ware and Auburn Hills. (December 2014)
- Clemens Food Group is expected to make a $255.7 million capital investment in its pork processing operation in Coldwater Township. The project is considered a catalysis for the state’s agri-business. (December 2014)
- In August (2015), Gov. Snyder met with Chinese agriculture officials to increase Michigan’s footprint in the global agricultural marketplace. (Food and agriculture is one of Michigan’s top tree industries. Michigan exports to China in 2014 totaled more than $62 milion.)
These projects offer a resounding testimony to Michigan's attractive business climate.
To contact a business development specialist, click here or call 1.888.522.0103.