Small Business Support Hub
The Michigan Strategic Fund (MSF) was seeking applications from organizations that identify as, or intend to create, entrepreneurial hubs in support of small businesses who were disproportionally impacted by the COVID-19 pandemic. Up to $6 million in funding is available to applicants selected through a competitive application process for investment in regional operations, deployment of business support services, as well as direct grant support to small businesses who were disproportionately impacted by the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Support small businesses disproportionately impacted by COVID-19
- Strengthen and/or establish locally relevant, regionally based ecosystems to cultivate a more inclusive, accessible and effective entrepreneurial ecosystem
- Position small business support hubs to increase the number of businesses served through new and scaled programming, technical assistance and other support services
- Increase access to regional, statewide and national small business support resources
- Expand geographic reach of network partners into underserved and rural areas
- Raise the national profile of Michigan’s small business ecosystem
In November 2023 Governor Whitmer joined the MEDC to announce that 27 organizations have been selected to serve as entrepreneurial hubs across the state of Michigan, following the passage of the $75 million Small Business Smart Zones and Business Accelerators initiative.
Resources for Small Business Support Hubs Awardees