Intelligent Vehicle Testing Symposium
Wednesday, November 1, 2017
The MEDC auto team in partnership with ITS America convened a global symposium to discuss proactive policy, regulations and standards surrounding the testing and validation of new intelligent vehicle technologies during the ITS World Congress in Montreal.
The all-day, invitation-only symposium took place on November 1st and featured presentations and discussions by key leaders of testing initiatives and facilities from 10 countries. To view the full symposium agenda, click here.
The main goal of the event was to initiate an actionable and sustainable conversation on harmonizing global policy, regulations and standards to help accelerate the worldwide implementation of connected and automated vehicle technologies. Based on the positive response we have received from participants, the MEDC Automotive office will convene follow-up conversation during ITS America in Detroit in June and The 2018 World Congress to be held September 17-21 in Copenhagen, Denmark.
Presentations and a video of the November 1, 2017 proceedings are posted below. If you are a leader of a CAV testing initiative or facility and want to be a part of future events, please contact Susan Proctor, Strategic Initiatives Director, Automotive Office, Michigan Economic Development Corporation.
- Álvaro Arrúe, Project Manager, Connected & Automated Driving, IDIADA Automotive Technology, Spain
- Peter Janevik, CEO, AstaZero, Sweden
- Risto Kulmala, Principal Advisor, Liikennevirasto, Finnish Transport Agency, Finland
- Gwen van Vugt, Director, Mobility Center, TASS International, Netherlands
NORTH AMERICAN INITIATIVES
- John Barton, Associate Vice Chancellor, Texas A&M University System and Executive Director, RELLIS Campus | VIDEO
- John Maddox, Former CEO, American Center for Mobility
- Dan Mathieson, Mayor, Stratford, Ontario, Canada | VIDEO 1 | VIDEO 2
- Huei Peng, Director, Mcity | VIDEO 1 | VIDEO 2
- Habib Shamskhou, GoMentum Station Program Director, Global ITS/CAV
- Practice Leader, Stantec Consulting
FUTURE TECHNOLOGY: WHAT HAPPENS NEXT?
- David Atkinson, Head, Systems & Technology and Chief Research Scientist, Artificial Intelligence, Chassis and Safety Division Continental Automotive Systems
- Pat Bassett, Vice President, North American Research and Engineering Center, Denso, International America Inc. | VIDEO
- Ryan Eustice, Vice President, Autonomous Driving, Toyota Research Institute
- Charlie Cheng, North American Representative, A Nice City, China
Han Geom Ko, Manager, KATRI, K-City, Korea
- Nobuyuki Uchida, Safety Research Division, Japan Automobile Research Institute, Japan
UNITED KINGDOM INITIATIVES
- Alex Burns, President, Millbrook Group
- Tim Edwards, Principal Engineer, Intelligent Mobility, Horiba, MIRA
- Paul Jennings, Professor and Lead for Connected and Autonomous Vehicles, WMG, Warwick University
- Peter Vermaat, Principal ITS Consultant, TRL
To contact a business development specialist, click here or call 1.888.522.0103.
Business Partnership, Key Industries, Quality of Life
Outdoor economy hits new high in Michigan; diverse industry demonstra...
Business Partnership, Talent, Key Industries, Business Opportunity
Strategic Shifts: Michigan's Magnetism for Businesses Relocating...