WHY SOUTH KOREA AND JAPAN?
In 2020, Japan ranked No. 6 in terms of Michigan’s volume of exports and South Korea ranked No. 5.
2020 bilateral MI–Japan trade in goods surpassed $4 billion and MI–South Korea trade in goods surpassed $7.6 billion. Japan’s GDP is valued at $5 trillion, ranking third in the world and second in East Asia. Korea’s GDP is valued at $1.6 trillion, ranking 10th in the world and thirrd in East Asia.
Korea’s leaders look to technology-intensive industries to drive growth:
- Aerospace and defense
- Environmental technology
- Health care (medical devices, biotechnology, pharmaceuticals)
- Industrial chemicals
- Information technology components
- Semi-conductor manufacturing
Top Michigan exports to Japan include:
- Chemicals metal manufacturing
- Computer and electronic products
- Transportation equipment
- Mission briefing
- Group ground transportation
- Networking events
- Logistical assistance
- Customized B2B matchmaking meetings for up to four days of one-on-one meetings
- Kick-off conference call to understand objectives of participation, products, and perceived route to the market
- Pre-visit market research and briefings
- Customized appointments with prospective partners, distributors, and buyers
SPACE IS LIMITED—APPLY NOW!
- $1,500 mission participation fee required by December 15, 2021
- $500 per additional participant
- Eligible companies may receive up to 75% reimbursement for travel expenses and mission fees through the State Trade Expansion Program (STEP).
For more information, visit michiganbusiness.org/export
FOR MORE INFORMATION:
Please contact Weiwei Lu, International Trade Manager, MEDC at 616.540.4964 or firstname.lastname@example.org
REGISTRATION DEADLINE IS DECEMBER 15, 2021