Department of Defense & Department of Homeland Security in MichiganU.S Army Contracting Command, PEOs, R&D and some of the largest National Guard facilities in the nation, anchor Michigan’s national security economy.
U.S. Army Detroit Arsenal
Home to 10 Commands that include Acquisition, Logistics, Technology and Research & Development. 70% of everything the Army buys is contracted through Army Contracting Command Detroit Arsenal. Army Futures Command, also located at the Detroit Arsenal leads the Ground Vehicles System Center (GVSC) which is the Ground Vehicles Center of Excellent and Next Generation Combat Vehicle (NGCV).
- NGCV CFT – Next Generation Combat Vehicle – Cross Functional Team – Army Futures Command
- ILSC – Integrated Logistics Support Center
- OSBP – Dept of Army Office of Small Business Programs
- TACOM LCMC Office of Small Business – Tank Automotive and Armaments Command – Life Cycle Management Command
- DLA/ACC-DTA – Defense Logistics Agency Army Contracting Command – Detroit Arsenal
- GVSC – Ground Vehicle Systems Center
- PEO CS&CSS/ACC-DTA Support – Combat Systems and Combat System Support/Army Contract Command
- PEO GCS /ACC-DTA – Ground Combat Systems/Army Contract Command
- PEO CS&CSS/Support/OEM/Industry – Combat Systems and Combat System Support/Original Equipment Manufacturer
- PEO GCS/OEM/Industry – Ground Combat Systems/Original Equipment Manufacturer
Driving Innovation at GVSC
The Ground Vehicle Systems Center (GVSC), is the nation’s laboratory for advanced military automotive technology located at the Detroit Arsenal in Warren, MI. At the GVSC there are more than 1,000 researchers and engineers that develop and maintain vehicles for all U.S. Army Forces, many federal agencies and more than 60 foreign countries.Visit GVSC
Additional National Security Assets