Automation Alley and MEDC invite small- and medium-sized companies in Michigan to join our trade mission to Thailand and Vietnam. Participants will meet face-to-face with prospective customers and partners in Southeast Asia, the world’s fastest growing region. Thailand and Vietnam have an extremely high demand for the following Michigan-made products, services, and technologies:
- Industry 4.0 and advanced manufacturing technologies
- Design and engineering services
- Healthcare and medical equipment
- With a 2021 GDP of $506 billion, Thailand is the second-largest economy in Southeast Asia.
- Thailand is the center of the region’s automotive industry and the world’s largest automotive producer.
- Thailand’s free market is well integrated into the global economy having 14 preferential trade agreements with 18 countries worldwide.
- Since 2000, Vietnam’s GDP has grown faster than any country except China, averaging 6.2% annual growth.
- Population of 100 million includes a growing middle class of consumers with strong demand for U.S. goods and services
- Young, highly- skilled labor force provides an alternative to manufacturing in China
- Signatory to 12 free-trade agreements (including the EU) provides the nation with access to numerous markets around the world
- Participation is limited to ten companies.
- Registration deadline to register is March 24, 2023.
- Participation fee is $4,500 for Automation Alley members and $5,500 for non-members. Price includes embassy business briefings and receptions, B2B matchmaking meetings, interpreters, in-country ground transportation, five-star hotels, and inter-country flights. International airfare to Thailand and Vietnam is not included.
- Eligible companies may receive up to 75% reimbursement for travel expenses and mission fees through the State Trade Expansion Program.