Equal Opportunity EmployerThe MEDC is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to the principles of equal opportunity and non-discrimination. Thus, MEDC employment opportunities, programs, activities, and facilities are available to all without regard to race, color, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, national origin, political persuasion, marital status, disability, genetic information, height, weight, veteran status, age or any other status or characteristic protected by applicable law.
In carrying out this commitment, the MEDC is guided by applicable state and federal laws including, but not limited to, the following:
- Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964 prohibiting discrimination in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), or national origin.
- Age Discrimination in Employment Act of 1967 prohibiting discrimination in employment on the basis of age.
- Equal Pay Act of 1963 prohibiting discrimination in salaries on the basis of gender.
- Michigan Elliott-Larsen Civil Rights Act prohibiting discrimination on the basis of age, sex, height, weight, religion, race, color, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, or marital status.
- Michigan Persons with Disabilities Civil Rights Act prohibiting discrimination against persons with disabilities and prohibiting discrimination based on genetic information that is unrelated to individual's ability to perform the duties of a particular job or position.
- Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990 prohibiting discrimination against individuals with disabilities.
- Genetic Information Nondiscrimination Act of 2008 prohibiting discrimination on the basis of an individual's genetic information including an individual's genetic tests, the genetic tests of an individual's family member, and the manifestation of a disease or disorder in an individual's family member.
Any complaints or concerns related to equal opportunity or discrimination may be directed to Human Resources. For questions or general discussion, please reach out to Diversity, Equity and Inclusivity Officer Aileen Bovan or any senior leader.