Eight Michigan business leaders joining Michigan Economic Development Corporation at the world's second largest healthcare congress and exhibition in Dubai.
LANSING, Mich. – Business leaders from eight Michigan companies will join the Michigan Economic Development Corporation at Arab Health, taking place Jan. 28 through Jan. 31 in Dubai, United Arab Emirates.
“MEDC is pleased to be participating in this year’s Arab Health show,” said Michigan Economic Development Corporation CEO Jeff Mason. “Michigan companies are well-positioned to respond to the fast-growing demand for health care products and services in markets across the globe, and this year’s show provides an excellent opportunity to showcase Michigan technologies and know-how.”
Arab Health is the world’s second largest healthcare congress and exhibition. The 2019 exhibition will showcase more than 4,150 companies exhibiting their latest innovations to more than 84,500 healthcare professionals attending from over 160 countries.
The participating Michigan companies will travel with MEDC to take part in pre-arranged business matchmaking meetings with prospective partners, distributors, and buyers. Matchmaking meetings were arranged by the Michigan Arab Gulf Center located in Dubai. Participants will also receive an in-country briefing about doing business in the region and receive their own kiosk in the Michigan booth at the show.
Participating companies are:
• AvaSure (Belmont) – Develops and deploys technology and services to improve patient safety and optimize the use of nursing resources
• Altus Inc. (Walker) – Develops mobile sit-to-stand technology workstations that create customized workflow solutions for the healthcare industry
• Henry Ford Health System (Detroit) – Provider of health insurance and health care delivery
• The Kirlin Company (Detroit) – Designs and manufactures quality medical lighting systems for MRI, ICU, LDRP, and ED rooms in hospitals
• NuStep LLC (Ann Arbor) – Develops exercise products for cardiac rehabilitation
• ONLINE Engineering Inc.(Manistique) – Manufacturer of diagnostic culture media production equipment
• Right Answer (Midland) – Provides one on-line stop for comprehensive, reliable, up-to-date information on chemical, (M)SDS, reproductive risk, and regulatory compliance for the Environment, Health and Safety community, including regulated product companies
• SunMed, LLC (Grand Rapids) – Designer, manufacturer and distributor of medical devices focused on airway management, anesthesia, respiratory, resuscitation/ ventilation, diagnostics, oxygen delivery and surgical care products
Arab Health 2019 marks SunMed’s fourth year exhibiting within the Michigan booth.
“It’s been a very positive experience for our company to be a part of the Michigan pavilion the last four years. Arab Health is a great place to meet distributors from the Middle East, Asia Pacific, Africa, and Far East countries,” said SunMed Vice President of International Sales Hernando Fajardo. “Over the years, we have come to realize that a lot of distributors prefer to attend Arab Health instead of going to other major global health exhibitions.”
This is the seventh year MEDC has led a group of businesses to Arab Health. Companies that participated since 2013 report a total of more than $28 million in increased sales as a result of attending Arab Health.
MEDC's International Trade Program is committed to increasing Michigan’s exporting opportunities by helping businesses identify and enter key emerging foreign markets. Export sales facilitated by the MEDC International Trade program totaled more than $641 million in fiscal year 2018, surpassing the goal of $630 million. This puts the International Trade program-to-date total facilitated export sales at $2.5 billion. Top reported countries for export sales include Canada, Mexico, China, and the United Kingdom.
About Michigan Economic Development Corporation (MEDC)
The Michigan Economic Development Corporation is the state’s marketing arm and lead advocate for business development, job awareness and community development with the focus on growing Michigan’s economy. For more information on the MEDC and our initiatives, visit www.MichiganBusiness.org. For Pure Michigan® tourism information, your trip begins at www.michigan.org. Join the conversation on: Facebook Instagram LinkedIn, and Twitter.