Tuesday, February 04, 2014
LANSING, Mich. – Media representatives are invited to attend the Pure Michigan Small Business Summit taking place Thursday, Feb. 6 at the General Motors Heritage Center in Sterling Heights. Registration opens at 7:30 a.m. and the morning session begins promptly at 8:40 a.m.
Hosted by Pure Michigan Business Connect, a Michigan Economic Development Corporation program, this invitation-only summit will help potential aerospace suppliers find their niche in the supply chains of three companies: KUKA Systems North America LLC, Liebherr and The Boeing Company. Each corporation’s supply-chain teams have identified more than 50 procurement needs for which they would like to find and qualify Michigan companies. More than 500 potential aerospace supplier representatives from around the state will attend for pre-arranged, exclusive purchaser-supplier matchmaking engagements.
Gov. Rick Snyder will provide keynote remarks via live stream. Other speakers include:
- Trevor Pawl, managing director, Pure Michigan Business Connect
- Mark Hackel, county executive, Macomb County
- Lawrence A. Drake III, president and chief executive officer, KUKA Systems Group
- Robert M. Reno, vice president, KUKA Systems Corporation NA Operations Aerospace Group
- Jon GreyEyes, program manager, engineering, operations and technology, The Boeing Company
- Michael A. Finney, president and CEO, MEDC
- EVENT: Pure Michigan Business Connect Small Business Summit
- DATE: Thursday, Feb. 6
- TIME: 7:30 a.m. – 5:30 p.m.
|LOCATION:|| ||General Motors Heritage Center|
| || ||6400 Center Dr.|
| || ||Sterling Heights, MI 48312|
- Note to media: Your attendance is welcome, but registration is required. To register, please contact one of the following individuals and include your name, news outlet, phone number and email address:
KUKA Systems – Jane Thompson, Jane.Thompson@kukanao.com
MEDC – Kathy Fagan, email@example.com
- Parking: There is limited parking available at the GM Heritage Center. Parking will also be available at the KUKA Headquarters, located next door, as well as a lot located across the street from the center. There will be signs indicating these places that are available for parking.
Pure Michigan is a brand representing business, talent and tourism initiatives across Michigan. These efforts are driven by the Michigan Economic Development Corporation, which serves as the state’s marketing arm and lead advocate for business growth, jobs and opportunity with a focus on helping grow Michigan’s economy.
For more on the MEDC and its initiatives, visit michiganbusiness.org. For Michigan travel news, updates and information, visit michigan.org.
# # #