Friday, August 18, 2006
Ann Arbor, Gratiot County Economic Developers Honored
Schurr has been president of GGDI serving Gratiot County since 1984. Under his leadership, Gratiot was one of the 11 original communities in Michigan to establish a Renaissance Zone together with neighboring Montcalm County. Greater Gratiot Development, Inc. administers the corporations overseeing the Gratiot County Brownfield Redevelopment Authority, the Gratiot County Economic Development Corporation and the Gratiot County Hospital Finance Authority.
The MEDC annually recognizes local partners throughout the state for their outstanding contributions to economic development. The awards for excellence are based on:
- how the nominee partners with the MEDC;
- commitment to job retention and/or attraction;
- ability to bring diverse groups together;
- local programs and initiatives championed;
- unique successes; and,
- characteristics that set them apart.
# # #